Angela's Addiction - Incoherent ramblings of a scrapper

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Joshua McPickle and a Camel Named Bean

What a fun day today! The weather was beautiful, a bit warm, but beautiful. There was a light breeze to offset the heat and the kids just loved every minute of it. We stayed outside most of the day playing in the sandbox, playing badminton, swinging & the kids rode their bikes. Such a great alternative to their usual video game addiction. I got some cute pics of our D picking flowers too. :)

The funny moment for the day was when I was playing badminton with William, my 7 yr. old DS. He has such a great sense of humor and will always be my lil' funny man. We often joke when playing ball or some other game about the other person throwing out of bounds. Today, when I accidentally sent the birdie flying the wrong way this conversation began.

William: "Mom, I don't think he can hit it back."
Mom: "Who is that?"
William: "Well, it's the camel named Bean, of course."
Mom: "Oh, of course! How could I forget about Bean?"
William: "You just forget about things, Mom."

We played for another 5 minutes or so before he hit the birdie out of bounds in the other direction.

William: "Josh, you totally missed that one!"
Mom: "Josh?"
William: "Yep. That's what I said."
Mom: "OK, I give up. Josh who?"
William: "That's Joshua McPickle playing on that side today."
Mom: "Nice to meet you Josh."
William: "Mom, stop embarrassing me! I just made that up."

After a long day of play, we sat down & relaxed in the backyard and roasted some hot dogs & made S'mores. OK, the hubby and I did the cooking, the kids ran around with flashlights playing tag. Such a great day filled with so many "Kodak moments". With the everyday hustle & bustle, we don't have too many of those. ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home