Angela's Addiction - Incoherent ramblings of a scrapper

Monday, May 21, 2007

Not Goodbye, Just See you Later

Well, you may have noticed that I have not been around for awhile. Our family has been going through an adjustment, so I have had to focus all of my energy on the kids. Last week, my hubby was deployed to Iraq. He is active duty Air Force and we were prepared, but you can never really be ready. The kids are taking it so hard. There have been buckets of tears and many nightmares, but things are slowly coming closer to "normal". We get to talk to him for 15 minutes every other day and he emails regularly, so we are in contact with him. That really seems to calm our nerves a bit. :)

I have been staying busy with housework, the kids and some late night designing. VERY late. LOL I think my husband said it best when he hugged the kids right before getting onto his bus. "Remember, it's only for a little while. We're not saying goodbye, just see you later." I need a tissue...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LedaP said...

I totally feel your pain. My hubby left 9/13/06 and still hasn't come back. I have two sons, 9 & 12, and we adopted a little girl in February from China who he hasn't even been able to meet yet. :( I'm SO bummed. Sorry your guy has to leave too.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for your sacrifice. It is because of people like your hubby that we can live here and enjoy our life. Hugs to all.

Gail

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home