Angela's Addiction - Incoherent ramblings of a scrapper

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bad Birdie!

I have been trying to think of something, anything, to get my 6 year old son outdoors. He would rather play video games or watch TV. I remember growing up and literally falling to pieces if the weather was too bad to play outside. My little guy used to love to swing, play baseball or ride his bike. Now it seems he has an addiction to the screen, any screen. (Hmmm... Wonder where he inherited that? LOL)

Today it seems I found a cure! I was shopping and spied a badminton set. Oh how I loved playing that with my family! We spent hours shuttling that silly birdie back & forth. Well, my son was fascinated by the funny looking "tennis" rackets ant the rocket shaped birdie, so this family got out & played. My 4 year old daughter proved to have quite an arm! She might not hit it back in the direction of the net, but you definitely do NOT want to be close to her when she smacks it with her racket. We played until it was just too dark to see outside anymore and the mosquitos were having us for dinner. My DS said, "Wow Mom, that bad birdie sure is a hard game to learn!" How cute is that? :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! Growing up, we called Badminton "Bad Bird", too... And yeah, it's NEVER a good idea to be within the swing radius of a kid with a Bad Bird racket...

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home